Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Blog # 10

For project two, I tried using Flash and Prezi, but ended up using PowerPoint.  Flash was far too complicated, and Prezi felt way too simple.  I went back to PowerPoint, which I hadn't used for years, and was fascinated with the new tools they had.  I had a lot of fun doing my Project 2, but for my final project I am interested in using something new. 

I know at first glance I judged Prezi as being too simple.  However, I recently received an e-mail from Prezi saying, "Did you know that you can import your old PowerPoint slides?" And it made me thing about how I didn't know I could mold two software concepts together to create one final piece.  Perhaps for my final project, I will give Prezi another chance and upload some PowerPoint slides.  I will definitely give this a chance, before searching for another software choice.  

 

An idea I am interested in creating is magical electronic literature.  I would like to have a crystal ball with smoke floating inside and mystical music in the background.  The reader would have to hover over the crystal ball and click on a puff of smoke.  Then a stream of smoke would float out and display an image or lexia. How I am going to create this is beyond me, but it is something I hope to pull off for my final project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment