Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Blog #2


-Write about some of the pieces you have been exploring in the ELC. 
 
My favorite piece that I explored on my own was in Flash.  It’s called “Like Stars in a Clear Night Sky” by Sharif Ezzat.  I loved this piece because of its simplicity and majestic vibe.  The wind chimes in the background and the stars were absolutely peaceful.  The stories were written clearly and their messages were powerful.  I wish I could come up with a concept as great as this one for my project. 
Another piece I found interesting while exploring in the ELC was “myBALL” by Shawn Rider.  This was located in the Network Forms.  The music in the background matched the entire concept, which was eeriness.  It was creepy to think of the message they were sending.  But what I liked was how simple it was to navigate and understand.  I don’t like it when the ELC gets too complicated.  
Sometimes ELC writers put too much into their concept that makes it unclear for me to understand.  An example of this is in “Landscapes” by Bill Marsh, also located in Flash.  I didn’t get a meaning from it because it was uninteresting to me.  I felt like there was too much chaos occurring and so I was not focused on anything in particular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment